I was the absolute best wife ever on Sunday. Really, I was. And I totally expect excellent treatment from Ward after I run the marathon in October. I'm really writing this so I can show him in October and remind him of how awesome I was!
- I didn't put any parenting demands on Ward all day
- I let Ward nap in the car while I took the kids into a diner for lunch
- I even ordered him fries and milk (his request) and he joined us when he woke up
- Once we got home, I didn't place any parenting demands on him....well, except for
the 30 minutes that I snuck out for a run - I do know he didn't leave the couch
the entire time...so he was all set!
- I unpacked both of his marathon bags - gross, stinky clothes and all and didn't
The only thing I really made him do was go to the New Balance Outlet with me in Skowhegan. I really wanted to use the gift certificate that I won at the January Thaw race and since we were sorta in the area, well, north of Gardiner anyway, we stopped in there on the way home.
What did I get? I got a pair of New Balance WT100 and a high impact sports bra for $53. That was after the $25 gift certificate. Not a bad deal.
Here's my new shoes. They are technically trail shoes, but really, does it matter? They are basically a minimalist shoe - 6 ounces and very little cushioning. They are going to be my new 5K racing shoes. I may try a 10k with them, but I'm not sure.
I'll spare you a picture of the sports bra. I'm just excited that it is high impact and there are absolutely zero bouncing going on there. AND I don't have to double bra it anymore. Woo hoo!