|The entire route|
- We went over the highway - two times!
- We passed by two farms with cows - stinky
- We tackled some pretty nice sized hills and we actually walked two hills near the end - oh well
- We did stop to stretch out our legs because we felt our calves tightening up and both of us nearly fell over and made some horrible grunting noises trying to reach down. That was a sight.
- We came home to my house to pumpkin scones, chocolate milk and pizza. Ward is the BEST! Because I baked him so many delicious goodies when he was training for his marathon - I am now getting the same rewards. Yay me! When I asked him where he found the pumpkin scone recipe - he said "your blog!" Too cute.
- We got to listen to Jess's shoes squeak and squoosh for the last 8 miles when it started getting a bit more wet.
- We brought our beloved Camelbaks along and were hydrated the entire time - little sips of water works wonders!
- At Jess's house - I did eat my Shot Bloks.
|On of the midway hills - doesn't look like much - but it's brutal|
When I came home, I didn't feel like dying. But I didn't want to be sore on Tuesday, so I took some ibuprophen, rubbed some muscle rub on my legs, and did some stretching. (Guess what? no pain on Tuesday!) It was a great feeling to take on a new challenge of 16.5 miles! We are so ready for 18 miles on Sunday. Bring it.
|One of the cow farms|