3 things & a WINNER
- Yesterday morning, I ran in shorts and came home dripping in sweat and this morning, I had to run in full length tights and a winter-weight shirt & barely warmed up before I got home. Brr….Also, yesterday on my run, I heard too many gunshots. I know I live in the woods. I know it’s hunting season. And I know I need to adjust or get over it, but it’s still unnerving to be out there running and hearing gunshots. If it bothers me so much, I should just drive to the rail trail and run, right? That is one solution, OR I could just go to Reny’s and buy these for my runs:
|I'm sexy and I know it.|
Yep, that is what I was sporting on this morning’s run. Sexy, huh? By the way, I saw 3 men in hunting gear walking down the road today with their big guns. Awesome. Tomorrow’s run is on the rail trail for sure with the girls.
- Last night I made some yummy semi-homemade Apple Danishes.
Slightly modified recipe from allrecipes.com
4 apples – peeled/cored/sliced
½ c brown sugar
4 tbs butter
1 tsp cinnamon
1 can of crescent rolls
Glaze - confectioner sugar mixed with 1 tbs almond milk
- peel/core/slice apples, add to skillet, add brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon – cook on low on the stove top until apples are soft and begin to mush
- roll out crescent rolls to triangle shape or if you want a larger danish, go ahead and make them into squares
- take a spoon and scoop small piles of apple mix into center of crescent rolls
- roll up sides of crescent rolls to seal it shut
- bake at 350 for 20 -25 minutes
|horrible picture, but you get the point & obviously I didn't mix the sugar and milk too well |
not pretty - but tasty for sure
- Another sign that winter is coming and a great joy of living in an old farm house, with a barn and fields all around – the mice are coming in. We have the cat to help us out with the problem and he’s pretty good at it, but I think he’s been waiting to see what the mousetraps get and then he takes the mouse trap for a walk. That is always a great find. Every morning since Monday, I have had to empty the mousetrap. I wonder if I buy 3 more traps, will I fill them every night?
|Old farmhouse - I cannot wait until my garden is blooming like that again!|
And what you’ve been waiting for……..
The Handful Bra Winner
Congratulations, Boston Bound Brunette! Email me at runningwiththegirls AT gmail.com. If I don’t hear from you within a week’s time, I’ll choose another winner.
Happy Saturday! Gotta love a three day weekend. The kids and I are heading to the playground and then a walk downtown for something yummy to eat.