|leaders of the pack - I think the police truck was totally slowing them down|
- The course - it wasn't as hilly as I thought it was going to be. Richmond definitely has some nice sized hills. I know!
- The after race food - great selections!
- The prizes - Joe won an hour massage, Jessie won 45 days of power yoga, Ward won 1 session with a personal training and I won (through the raffle) a tote bag
- Course markings - pretty good. I didn't get lost at all, but then again, I always have people leading the way. Ward said he did get a bit confused in one part, but his thoughts were that it was well marked overall.
- There was a water stop - which I was completely surprised by. But I gladly took that cup of water and poured it over my head. Man that felt awesome!
- The race volunteers and directors were very nice and friendly.
Things to improve on:
- Registration should be at the at the same location as the start of the race
- Water really should be (especially on a hot day like today) at the finish line or at least in sight of the finish line
- Mile markers would be nice
Overall - a nice little race that can only get bigger and better for sure!
Results are listed at coolrunning.com BUT my time is not correct on coolrunning. While I'd love to have a time of 21:53, that was not in the cards today. My actual time was 23:17. Not so bad - considering I did hills the other day and I'm totally still feeling it.
Ward's time was accurate and he did come in 2nd place while our friend Joe won the race!
A big thank you goes out to Wade and Jill for watching the kids and taking pictures!