I was quite pleased to see that I was sent a pink and black pair of socks. One might think that I actually live in the pink socks. They are definitely a favorite of mine. If PRO still had the purple ones in stock, I'd be buying those as well. I've gotten quite a few looks and comments when I'm wearing them out and about as well. I do frequent the grocery store in them whether I wore them for my run and I'm just going in to the store for a few items just after my run or if I'm wearing them post run for recovery, so the fine folks at my local Hannaford have seen these socks quite a bit.
I especially like how they match my Sweat Pink laces.
I also enjoy kicking back and relaxing with them on at the gym.
Needless to say, having a husband who is a runner, the black socks did not remain in my possession for long. I did try to hide them for a few weeks and tried to only wear them when he wasn't around. But, eventually he found them and I haven't seen them since. I suppose I can share. But I'd like it if he'd return the sharing and let me wear them again. He, of course, can try out the pink ones. I think they'd look awfully cute on him.
I believe he wears these all of the time as well - running, recovery, and even soccer. Maybe even to bed.
So yes, the Boudreau family here is in love with PRO compression socks. But WHY do we love PRO?
- They are made in the USA! Huge points here.
- They are longer than other compression socks I've worn before. To get them to fit right, you are supposed to pull them up to where you want them near your knee and then adjust the fit as you as needed (if needed) down the calf and into the foot area.
- They are heavy duty. I've been wearing these non-stop for over a month and have been washed more times than you could even imagine and there are zero snags or pulls and they still feel just as tight as they did when I received them.
- When I wear them while I run, there is zero slippage and no blisters at all. Ward has noted the same here with the stolen black pair.
- When I wear them for post run recovery, I do notice a difference in my calves in how they feel the day afterwards. My calves are not tight like they were earlier in the marathon training and like they were last summer when training for marathon #1.
If you'd like to find out more about PRO Compression, you should check them out:
- on facebook
- on twitter
- on Google+
Right now there is one heck of a deal going at Schwaggle - 50% off for PRO Compression socks plus free shipping. But you have to jump on this deal quickly, I think there are only 2 days left of this deal.
Disclaimer: I was sent PRO Compression socks for the purpose of a review and did not receive compensation, nor was I required to write a positive review. The thoughts here are 100% mine.