1. Changing jobs this summer was the best thing I could have done. Working 3 miles from my house has been fantastic. Yes, I took a pay cut. But it has been worth it. This is the first time in a very long time I can honestly say that I really do enjoy my job. Along with that, I now have the same school schedule as Tucker. We'll have the same snow days, early release days, last day of school, etc.
2. In my mind I'm still training for a marathon and burning tons of calories, but I'm not. Yet I'm still eating like I'm burning those calories and my pants are getting tighter. I need to either run more miles or eat less.
3. When the stylist says "I can wax your brows while you're back here" - she's really saying "Holy crap, look at those crazy ass brows. This woman needs help." A thank you to her because she definitely convinced me to have my brows done for the first time ever. Along with that, I learned that I am happier with short hair styles. Even if it means I now cannot pull my hair up into a ponytail.
4. Pepper is an awesome running partner. I knew that already. But what I'm finding out is that the girl is addicted to running and when she sees me get my running clothes ready, this quiet dog becomes a very vocal girl.
5. I am 100% addicted to my iPhone. I really don't know how I survived without one previously.
6. Even at the age of 35, I still enjoy seeing an A+ on any paper with my name on it. I was observed a couple of weeks ago by my boss. Attached to my evaluation was this sticky note & it made my day.
7. If I want my stomach to disappear, the chips need to disappear as well. I know this, yet I keep buying them.
8. The Kennebec Local Food Initiative is fantastic. I've been getting their email for months now, but last week I finally decided to email them to request a password so I can begin to purchase from them. I was absolutely amazed with the selection when I logged in for the first time today! The KLFI brings together local products and makes them easily accessible to community members at very reasonable prices. The choices are endless - veggies, meats, cheese, honey, jams, breads, pies, etc. 1 lb of grass fed ground beef for $4.59 in Gardiner? Yes please.
8. Cars need coolant? Thanks Michelle for reminding me of this. I kind of knew this already - but my car has not been warming up at all the past couple of mornings. Tomorrow morning I'm checking the coolant level. It will be a long winter if I have to scrape even after letting my car warm up for 10 minutes. Especially knowing we're going to get hammered with snow. I just know it.
10. And an obvious one - one can never have too many pairs of running shoes. Ever. But what I do know is that some of these are done and I cannot bring myself to part with them.
What have your learned this year?