Running mileage for November: 136.
at least I'm up 20 miles from October. Right?
Biking mileage: 0. Hmmm...I think it's because Ward banished my bike to the hallway. It's boring to be out there.
Races run: 1. I ran the Gasping Gobbler Thanksgiving Day, with a 5k PR time of 21:24.
Total Mileage for the year: 1476.57 miles.
Ward's at 1542. Ugh! He's kicking my butt this year!
Now - here are my goals from my October Recap. Let's see how I'm doing with them.....
- yes, I've been working on speed work. I think that killer 5k PR is evidence of that.
- Strengthen my core - I'm not impressed with my abs. Meaning - I know they are there, somewhere.
- I've been planking. Not everyday, but most days. I didn't keep track either. Maybe if I logged it like log my running I'd be held accountable for it more.
Build my base before marathon training kicks off in January. Right now I'm happy with anything over 30 miles a week. My goal is to get up to 40 miles comfortably. I just need to really work on fitting it into my schedule. I have tons of meetings coming up in the next few months and some major life changes - so I'm hoping it works out.
- base building is going quite well. The next four weeks my goal mileage is between 38 - 40. If everything works out the way I hope it will, I'll have a solid base and feel really good about it.
- Mileage? - Hmmm.....do I see a 1600 miles in my future?
It's going to be close if I hit 1600 miles. I'm really going to have to work hard, hope for zero injuries, less meetings, and no illnesses. BUT, looking at my overall mileage already for the year, I'm already 176.57 miles MORE than 2012. I SHOULD be ecstatic with that. But no, I'm not. Am I ever happy? Jeez. I need to relax and just be happy with my accomplishments. But I can't. I need to push myself more and more. What can I say? I'm addicted.
I'm going to continue to work on these goals for the rest of December. They are definitely a work in progress.
Where's your mileage? What are your goals?