Marathon training takes up quite a bit of time. When I'm not working or taking care of the kids, I'm usually running, sleeping, or eating. This doesn't leave a whole lot of time to do other things - like biking or cross training dvds. I've had a few opportunities to try out my newest Xtrain Cardio Leg Blast, but never the entire dvd at one time.
Today, I had an entire hour to do the entire dvd and I am sore. I great sore for sure. I thought the Cardio Leg Blast was perfect for me, to build more strength in my legs to make me a stronger, hopefully faster runner. I'm thinking if I stick to this dvd, I will definitely, without a doubt, be a stronger, faster runner. Cathe's dvd is an upbeat, challenging workout that left me feeling even stronger.
I will note that I didn't have all of the equipment that was listed as needed - so I just improvised. Instead of the risers, I pulled out a low bench that we have. It wasn't perfect, but worked well enough. And I didn't have the Firewalker Loop - which looked like a big elastic band to put around your ankles. I just went through the motions without the loop. Maybe I'll get one in the future, but for now, I'm good.
- warm up really warmed up the muscles
- the workout itself was 41 minutes (and 15 seconds) - and was jam packed
- the main menu allows you to pick and choose workouts from the dvd if you are short on time, which is what I've been doing up until today
- the bonus workout at the end are so intense! The 12:30 core workout is so intense, I've only made it to 8 minutes. My goal is to get through the entire 12:30.
- Cathe also has two 100 rep challenges in the end - and I love them! So intense. And I can do them without the dvd
- equipment that was needed are not always things that people have at home - like the Firewalker Loop and Step with 3 Risers.
Cathe has several lines of dvd's you should check out. The next one I want to try is her Stretch/Yoga dvd. Check out the selection here.
Disclaimer: I was provided this DVD to review through FitFluential. All opinions expressed in my blog are 100% my own.