What I'm Eating - Balsamic Bean Salad
As I was prepping for Tucker's birthday party cookout, you know, burgers, hot dogs, chips - mostly processed foods and stuff I'm not eating, I realized I hadn't made anything for myself (or sister-in-law) to eat at the party. I didn't feel like going back to the grocery store so whatever I was making had to be from items I had on-hand - and then THIS happened. Absolutely delicious!
It's so much of a hit, it's been requested that I make it for other get togethers. It's incredibly light and easy to make and you can add in whatever veggies you choose.
- 1 can of drained/rinsed garbanzo beans
- 1 can of drained/rinsed black beans
- peppers (any color) - diced (I have purple in this picture)
- tomatoes (any size/color) - diced, halved, you choose
- 6 Tbsp of Balsamic dressing (I chose Lucini Tuscan Balsamic & Extra Virgin once and Newman's Balsamic Dressing the other time - but you can use whatever kind you enjoy most)
Toss all ingredients in a bowl an serve!