11 More Days!
My first half marathon of the 2011 year is just 11 days away. As with any upcoming race, I am feeling both excitement and nervousness. Excitement because the “girls” and I have been training for the 13.1 miles since December. Nervous because I just want to improve my time from the Maine ½ Marathon last October AND I really want Stacy to heal in time for the run. (sending lots of healing prayers your way!) My time in October was 1:54, which averages to an 8:45 pace.
The Macmillian Running Calculator says this about my training:
My long runs should be in this range: 9:41 – 10:41 (we’ve been close most of the time!)
My speed runs need to be in this range: 7:53- 8:11 (done that!)
I’m thinking I will meet my goal this year for several reasons:
- this isn’t my 1st half
- I’ve trained all winter long, in some pretty brutal conditions – while the weather in Maine in April is often iffy, it shouldn’t be as bad as those negative windchill days!
- I have my Garmin to help me pace better
- I have my Camelbak (which I love) to hold my fuel and can rehydrate while running (I have it down now)
- I’ve incorporated some speed training into my midweek runs (ie my mailbox training)
- The course is basically downhill…that’s right folks- look at this map! Gotta love Brunswick!
Next week will be a taper week. I’ll be posting my taper plan later on this week!